As discussed, I am trying to try new recipes each week. Tonight, I tried a skinny chicken salad. I wish I could say it was as much of a hit as the BBQ Chicken… but it’s not. Next time, I would add some honey and increase the amount of Greek yogurt and mayo.
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (you can add more or less depending on how moist you prefer your chicken salad to be)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced green celery
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- In a bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then mix in the remaining ingredients until well-combined. Serve over salad or on the bread of your choice.