My quest to try making new recipes every week hasn’t been forgotten. Although, that doesn’t mean it has been a massive success either. This weekend, I wanted to treat my boyfriend to crockpot cinnamon monkey bread. (Recipe: Crazy for Crust.) To be fair, she even says in the article that it is crispier when you use the oven over the crockpot. The verdict? The butter and brown sugar pool, making the dish pretty soggy. Next time, I will definitely be using a bundt pan and opting to use the oven instead. Well, if there is a next time…
Try it out and let us know how your recipe turns out!
SLOW COOKER CINNAMON ROLL MONKEY BREAD
yield: 8-10 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 2 HOURS
total time: 2 HOURS 20 MINUTES
- 2 cans Grands! Cinnamon Rolls (5 per can)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Open each can of cinnamon rolls. Reserve the icing. Cut each rolls into 6 pieces.
- Place the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a gallon size ziploc bag. Add the cut up cinnamon rolls (the pieces will fall apart a little) to the bag. Seal and shake to coat the pieces with cinnamon sugar.
- Stir together the brown sugar and melted butter.
- Spray a 5-7 Qt slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place half the dough pieces in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour half the melted butter mixture over the top, then add the rest of the cinnamon roll pieces and the rest of the melted butter.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high power for about 2 hours. (Check it at one hour, then again at one and a half hours, just to be safe.) The edges will start to brown, but the top will still be a little gooey looking. Turn off the slow cooker and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Optional: Drizzle the icing that came with the rolls over the top of the monkey bread in the crockpot, or pour it over like syrup after serving.