Bananas are quite common in our household. In fact, every week as they linger on their death bed, I promise this will be the week I make banana bread. Banana nut muffins. Banana, peanut butter and chocolate chip bread. Banana oatmeal muffins. Seemingly I make everything but good ol’ banana bread.
Well, this week was the week.
Behold. Banana bread.
I retrieved the original recipe from Baked by an Introvert. Of course, I simply cannot follow recipes and volunteered my own.
- 4 large very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place bananas (peels included) into oven for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Once completely combined, add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract, bananas once cooled, and milk. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir and add to banana mixture slowly, until flour is incorporated. Add nuts if desired.
- Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 45 to 65 minutes until a toothpick comes out with dry crumbs.