Excited to announce that I am starting a new job tomorrow! I am a firm believer that everyone needs a power suit in their wardrobe- everyone.
Here’s how to make the most from your purchase and ace the interview look:
First, make sure the fit is appropriate:
– Absolutely nothing too tight or too loose!
- The hem of your skirt should fall just above knee.
- Wear a blazer for a polished look. Personally, I find a one button blazer with a low v-neck to be the most flattering for me.
- Pants should just graze the top of your shoes. Ladies, make sure you buy with the height of your heels in mind.
Buy a timeless piece.
- Can’t afford an entire closet from Brooks Brothers? Opt for a solid colored suit.That way you can always wear the pieces as separates, like pairing your blazer with a sheath or a skirt.
- Avoid anything, yes we’ll say it, too trendy.
Accessorized to perfection:
- Choose your accessories carefully. Don’t wear anything that will be distracting to your interviewer, that includes rings or bracelets that will disrupt your handshake.
- Pin your hair back, or at the very least, make sure it’s out of your face.
- Don’t douse yourself in perfume.
Remember, it is always better to be overdressed than under-dressed!
True, this sounds like common sense…but you would be surprised what I’ve seen people wear to an interview.
Yes, I’m talking to you, girl-in-booty-shorts.